I am thinking and thinking and thinking about what introduction to write for the duo Sana Hashwani and Safinaz Muneer when everything has been said already. Everybody in Pakistan and beyond, from those women standing in never ending queues to get hands on atleast one print of Sana Safinaz Lawn suit or the Fahsion critics or the bloggers or even their competition. Sana Safinaz are the most favorite, most talked about and most loved Fashion house of Pakistan. So lets just go straight to the Q&A that I had with Queens of the Lawn Kingdom.. THE Sana Safinaz..
1. Is this going to be for the first time that you will be e-retailing Sana Safinaz, courtesy www.style360labels.com ? Do you see a bright future in online fashion retailing business and Why?
Yes it is going to be the first time for us. We do believe that online fashion is the future. One can see the impact it has in the West. We think eventually it’s the convenience factor that will matter most.
2. You are the king brand of Lawn Fashion business? And now that everyone is popping out with their own, how serious do you take your competition?
Really seriously. Every new brand no matter how insignificant eats into your Market. There is a definite saturation number in Pakistan for Designer Lawn. So to get to No 1 is easier than staying at No 1. Competition is tough and one has to stay on one’s toes.
3. Unlike previous years, why is Sana Safinaz Lawn exhibitions (the most anticipated event in Pakistani fashion calendar) don’t take place anymore?
It had become a security issue. There were just too many people to handle. Our exhibition at Imperial jammed the roads from three swords to Dou Talwar . The head of Police told us they had never seen anything like it in the history of Karachi. The next year at Expo Center, we had more than 20,000 people. It became insane. So we took the decision there and then that the following year we would go straight into shops. More convenience, less hassle for the customer.
( Beware Labels e -store .. you might see your webiste taking a toll of online buyers this time 😉 , but truly! helps the cause as Sana Safinaz say: More convenience, less hassle )
4. The Sana Safinaz brand Ambassador is Neha for some years now. Any special reason Why Neha?
Neha epitomizes the SanaSafinaz women. She is dusky, sexy and understated all at the same time.
5. Please explain what sets apart Sana Safinaz lawn from other bands?
Sana Safinaz lawn sets us apart time and again because we are actually the innovators of lawn. Every new concept thathas being introduced into lawn has been done by us. That kind of innovation buys your customer loyalty. We work on every print like they are our babies. We use the finest quality of fabrics. Constant innovation with new methods of fabrication! We try to give a complete collection every year. With new ideas on emb. We are going with less is more this year and also encouraging the customer to indulge in shorter lengths. ( Thank GOD! )
6. How many prints is Sana Safinaz offering this summer?
We are doing 15 prints in two color ways.
7. Does the uncertain security situation of the country (especially Karachi) really affect the sales at all?
Yes most certainly it does. Who wants to buy anything forget lawn when you feel unsafe and you can see your country suffer. Security issues affect the entire economy. ( I disagree , I bet you can have strikes falling a part 😀 )
8. You are most successful Lawn brand in the world. How socially responsible is your company? Activities that you may like to share?
We are extremely active in social welfare. Both of us are very religious and try to do the best that we can manage. We are both fully aware of Allah’s blessings and are truly grateful. However we do subscribe to the fact that all our charity is done anonymously. As it if preferred by Allah.
Special Thanks to Mr. Zahir Rahimtoola and Mr. Altaf Hashwani for all the help and assistance.